The following is a list of legislation that I have filed as the primary sponsor:
· SB 10 - Relates to childhood hearing loss.
· SB 11 - Provides smoking cessation treatment for pregnant smokers.
· SB 12 - Upgrades the state's licensing law for psychologist.
· SB 23 - Bans texting while driving.
· SB 24 - Permits the sale of limited alcoholic beverages by the drink at designated state parks.
· SB 71 - Creates a special license plate for recipients of the Silver Star or the Bronze Star Medal of Valor.
· SB 86 - Requires chain restaurants with at least 20 locations nationwide to provide calorie information on menus and menu boards for all standard items.
· SB 109 – Includes dating partners among the class of persons allowed to obtain domestic violence protective orders.
· SR 9 - Urges the Governor to include funding for Medicaid-approved smoking cessation programs in his 2010-2012 Executive Budget proposal.
It is hard to believe we have finished our first month at the Capitol, but the pace is still accelerating. Many more issues will come before us in the weeks and months ahead. Call the Legislative Message Line at 1-800-372-7181 or visit our web site at www.lrc.ky.gov to stay abreast of our legislative work. You may also contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senator Harper Angel represents the 35th Senate District in Jefferson County.