We must empower every citizen to join with Metro Government as an equal partner in taking care of our community's business.
This is why I am proposing a Louisville Metro Citizen's Bill of Rights. Quality and convenient customer service have been a hallmark of the many businesses I have helped start, and I will ensure through this Bill of Rights that it will be the hallmark of a Fischer Administration as your next mayor.
This Citizen's Bill of Rights is my guarantee to you that every citizen will have a right to:
- Convenient Access: Every citizen has the right to prompt, efficient service from Metro Government. As mayor, I will work to expand the services available at county government centers and on the internet to meet the demands of the people of Louisville Metro. It should be easy to do business with Metro Government.
- Truthful Answers and Explanations: Every citizen has the right to straightforward and honest information in connection with any significant decision made by the mayor. I will publish and make available the reasons behind my decisions on all significant public matters.
- Quality Customer Service: Every citizen has the right to be treated like a valued customer, with dignity and respect. As taxpayers, citizens are customers of Metro Government and are entitled to courteous, professional service from employees who are intent on solving their problems.
- Timely Notice: Every citizen has the right to advance notice of projects and proposals affecting their home, business, or neighborhood. As mayor, I will provide citizens with the knowledge necessary to participate in local affairs.
- Inclusive and Transparent Process: Every citizen has the right to be involved in government and have his or her voice heard at Louisville Metro Hall. As mayor, I will create a culture of inclusiveness and maintain open communications with the community. To understand diverse viewpoints, answer questions, and promote dialogue, I will keep regular open office hours and hold countywide community forums to meet with citizens and business owners and listen to their concerns.
- Focus on Results: Every citizen has the right to a team of Metro employees that strives to be the best in the world in job performance. As mayor, my leadership team will model and set a standard for diversity, joy in work, and the pursuit of continuous and breakthrough improvement.
Together, we can improve the quality of lives for all Louisvillians through the creation of an open, honest and accessible government. Join me in my commitment to achieve this essential goal as I work to expand the values of integrity, improvement, and inclusion in Metro Government and beyond!
Your Partner in Creating a Better Louisville,