For Immediate Release
December 8, 2009
Office Phone: 502-632-1820
LOUISVILLE – The U.S. Senate campaign of Democratic candidate Jack Conway announced his campaign team today. The team includes some of the Democratic Party’s top advisors, leading experts on winning tough battleground states and unmatched Kentucky success.
”We have put together one of the best teams in the country. This team will allow us to execute a professional plan to win back Wendell Ford’s U.S. Senate seat. I welcome our new members of the team, Jonathan Drobis and Allison Haley, and I look forward to a great year ahead," Conway said.
Jack Conway’s Team includes:
- Media Strategist: Mandy Grunwald of Grunwald Communications has served President Bill Clinton, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on both her Presidential and Senate campaigns, Senators Ken Salazar, Al Franken, Jeanne Shaheen, and Amy Klobuchar as well as numerous other national leaders. Grunwald also worked for Kentucky Senator Wendell Ford and Governor Wallace Wilkinson.
- Campaign Manager: Jonathan Drobis. Drobis has experience in nearly every component of campaigning from working with field operations on Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign to political strategy and direct mail with a prominent consulting firm to his most recent position as Deputy Campaign Manager for Bill Thompson, Democratic candidate for Mayor of New York City.
- Press Secretary: Allison Haley. Haley is one of the most experienced communication experts in Kentucky having served as Communications Director for Bruce Lunsford’s U.S. Senate campaign, the Kentucky Democratic Party and House Speaker Pro Team Larry Clark’s office and as a long-time political reporter.
- Media Strategist and General Consultant: Mark Riddle of Fletcher Rowley Riddle, has served as Conway’s longtime advisor. His media firm has elected over a dozen Members of Congress and numerous leaders across the country. FRR, Inc has worked for Attorney General Jack Conway, now Congressman Ben Chandler, Mayor Jerry Abramson, Mayor Jim Newberry and elected leaders across Kentucky.
- Pollster and Senior Strategist: Pete Brodnitz of Benenson Strategy Group was named Pollster of the Year in 2007. Brodnitz’s firm polls for President Barack Obama, the Democratic National Committee and DSCC Chair Senator Bob Menendez. Their work includes huge Democratic wins for Tim Kaine for Governor, Senators Jim Webb, Jeff Merkley the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, among others.
- Direct Mail and Senior Strategist: Joe Hansen of Ambrosino, Muir & Hansen, a leading direct mail firm that currently represents 20 US Senators and 14 Governors. AM&H was also chosen as the Western region mail firm for the Obama campaign. Joe Hansen has been active in Democratic campaign for 25 years. He has managed 4 successful US States Senate campaigns, and has served as the executive director of the DSCC in the 2000 cycle.
- Research and Strategic Positioning: Benjamin Jones of New Partners has served as a lead research strategist with the Obama campaign and the DNC during the 2008 election cycle, and served as Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee's director of research during the 2001-2005 election cycles. Jones has worked with more than 65 campaigns in 27 states, including U.S. Senate, congressional, gubernatorial, mayoral and state legislative races.
- Senior Advisor: Charles Halloran of DC-based Spectrum partners boasts a career spanning from Bill Clinton’s New Hampshire Primary through his work at the Democratic National Committee, DCCC and Capitol Hill. Halloran is one of the top campaign operatives in the country, and will now primarily be assisting the campaign from his office in DC. He recently served as general consultant to five winning congressional races in 2008 and played an integral role in Conway’s record-breaking fundraising effort while serving as interim campaign manager.